To help you work it out:
- What is each picture showing?
- This is an adjective; how would you describe the characters depicted in each image?
- To be willing to take big risks. (eg. The audacious explorer stood atop the mountain.)
- To show a lack of respect. (eg. The audacious theft.)
Origin: from the latin ‘audac’, meaning ‘bold’ or ‘daring’
Audace: a musical term denoting a bold, spirited direction
- To form the adjective + ‘cious’ (because the root word ends ‘ce’) = audacious
- To form the adverb + ‘ly’ to the adjective = audaciously
- To form the noun + ‘ity’ (because you desribe a state of being) = audacity
How could you use each word in a sentence?