English Elephant provides a range of online classes to support home educated children in their learning of English skills and progress towards gaining iGCSE qualifications in English.
All I can say is, ‘Wow!’, Kim really interacts with the kids, and the work my son is now producing shows how much he enjoys the lessons.Laura (parent of KS3 child)
Ideal for children who are home educated or families who have chosen to home educate.
- Small groups allow children to learn from each other’s ideas and build confidence in their own.
- In the online classroom, children particpate in learning in a way that feels most comfortable for them. They can share their ideas publicly to the group or privately with Kim, the English Elephant English tutor. They can use webcam, or just listen in. It is completely their choice.
- Children learn from Kim, a qualified teacher and examiner – but in the comfort of their own home, making learning relaxed, friendly and flexible.
- Lessons are recorded and can be watched at a later date, allowing children to revisit teaching or catch up on missed lessons.
- Homework tasks are offered weekly; these are optional and families have a choice which they will complete.
- Optional end of term assessments can be completed. Kim, the English Elephant English tutor, will talk through the strengths and weaknesses of your child’s work and how to help them progress further within English.
Flexible commitment and cost
Ten to twelve week course blocks allow home educating families the freedom to select short courses they are most interested in.
Classes are relaxed and informal. Recordings allow children to revisit any information or lessons missed.
Classes are charged at £8 per class, with course fees payable in either two half-termly instalments or one termly payment. Each term must be paid for in full before it begins.
All online classes are taught by a qualified teacher and GCSE examiner with full DBS.
Re-enrolment week is the week before half term each term. At this point, if you wish to re-enrol, your first payment for the next term must be made. Any spare places will be advertised to new students.
Each term must be paid for in full before it begins.
For example, children studying in the Autumn term and wishing to continue in the Spring term will need to pay either the full £96 term fee or the first £48 half term fee in October to secure their place.
Re-enrolment dates are marked in blue on the calendar below.